How to Feel More Confident? If this is your question, you are not alone. In fact, there are millions of people in this world who are asking the same question. You may recall past experiences where you wanted to start something new, but you were terrified to take the necessary actions. This is because of your low confidence. It limits you from reaching your full potential in this world as well as minimize your ability to make a positive impact on the world around you. If you are wondering how to be a confident woman or man, you need to understand that there is a lot that goes into overcoming those fears. You may have to challenge those limiting beliefs that were formed when you were a kid or learn to accept yourself just the way you are even you have made many mistakes in the past. Here are some of the most effective tips that would answer your question of how to feel more confident?
How to Feel More Confident Even When You are Downright Low in Confidence?
- Tap into the confidence that you were born with – Confidence is something that is always there when you come to this world. But it gets lost along the way. Most probably, your confidence is stolen by someone else such as your parents, teachers, relations or society in general. You came out to this world so blissfully unaware of external judgment and only concerned about your own needs and experiences. At the time you started time you started to develop a sense of self-awareness, you developed doubts about how other people saw you. When insecurities are bothering you, remember your birthright which is confidence. We all can get there once again if we learn how to silence the mind chatter that is threatening it.
- Always expect success – It is true that no one can predict the future. The majority of us do it always but in a negative way. We get into a stressful situation and assume the worst for our future. Why not expect success instead of failure when we think of the future. With practice, you will learn this important skill which will have an enormous power of feeling more confident of yourself.
- Know your strengths as well as weaknesses – Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of one’s self is an important factor in developing confidence in the long run. Make a list of 5 things you are good at doing and 5 things that you think you are not so good at doing. Make an effort to utilize your strengths on a daily basis as well as work on developing your weaknesses.
- Take risks – Doing things that you have always done will not make you confident. But when you go out and do the things that you are most terrified, confidence comes chasing you. For example, If you fear public speaking, you will not succeed in public speaking no matter what you do it get rid of that fear unless you go out there and speak in front of a crowd. Everything in life is like that. If you want to feel confident in something, you feel to feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Embrace the unknown – Most people think that confidence means they can create the outcome they desire. This is true to some extent, but we cannot control every outcome in our life. Creating the desired outcome is done from a space of the conscious mind which is very limited in its creativity. But when we are willing to embrace the unknown, things happen from a much higher perspective of the superconscious mind. This is where all the creative juice flows in our life. Hence, trusting the unknown will help you relieve a lot of stress and develop more confidence in yourself.
- Practice confidence – Did you know that confidence can be practiced? Yes, the more you practice confidence, the better you will get at it. The more you start practicing confidence, the more you will feel confident in the long run. The best time to practice confidence is when you meet new people. They have no idea who you are, and now you have the opportunity to show them. As you shake hands with them and introduce yourself, listen to your chatter in the mind. If you find any chatter that doubts yourself, replace them with positive ones and ask yourself what a confident person would do in a situation like this. Now try to emulate what a confident person would do in a situation similar to yours. Watch your posture and tone. If you notice yourself hunching and mumbling, change it immediately as it will portray as a person of low confidence. Make it a point to stand up straight and speak clearly and slowly.
These are some of the most important techniques that you can do to improve your confidence right now.